Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Outside-In Window Makeover

Just before her second birthday, Little Miss made a big move to her big girl bedroom. We gave the walls a fresh coat of Pepto Bismol pink paint.  I refinished her dresser and headboard (that post to come.)  Then, I put sheets on her bed. 
The end. 
Every night she would go to bed in a big, empty, pink room.    
 
 
So we got busy.   I used tension rods to make this curtain look like a window awning.  Then, we covered the bench seat in a bright yellow fabric.  I say we, but what I mean is, I covered the seat while Little Miss measured anything that would hold still.  

Next, I constructed this window box out of some old barn siding.  A fresh coat of white paint made it look pretty sharp.  

Then I filled it with some floral foam and inserted a little flower garden.  Some of the flowers are real fake ones, you know, artificial.  The pink and yellow ones are constructed from fabric and hot glue.  
Want some ideas on how to make your own fabric flowers? Go HERE.
 

I covered the floral foam, and filled the box with burlap, because it wouldn't be a good project without a little burlap. 


Presto! A charming face lift.  It looks much better in real life.  Its hard to get a good picture when you are looking into a bright window. 

Thanks for stopping!  Come back soon!

5 comments:

  1. you are such an awesome, creative mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love it! Your posts always make me wish I had girls instead of rambunctious boys lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I wish I had some windows like this instead of the plain boring kind that you can't turn into awning windows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The awning is so sweet...but my goodness, that flower box is unbelievable! It takes a cute window seat over the top into freaking adorable! Nice work! Hey, come on down to www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com and link this great post (and any others you'd like to show off) to the Head to Head Showdown link party, it's happening right now! Hope to see you there! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!! I love the flower box! Thank you for stopping by my blog!!
    xoxo
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!