Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012


Here's the problem...
Stacks,
and more stacks,

and even more stacks of puny little bits of fabric.  

 
Parting with any shred would seem totally unnecessary because they all have potential, but I have no organized way to store them. Until now...
  
To make these you will need canvas totes, craft paint, poster stencils, and a short, stubby paint brush.  To hang them you will need some hooks or knobs.  Hobby Lobby has a fantastic selection and you can often catch them 50% off. 
Here's the how to...
  
Stencil the words onto the canvas.  Canvas is pretty think so no need to back it, the paint won't soak through easily.  
Let them dry, then stuff them full.
  
Fix the knob or hook to the wall.  My hubby would tell you to find a stud.  Probably a great idea, however, studs aren't always where I want them, so I took a chance without.  Bad idea!!  Do yourself a favor, find a stud!
Hang the bag and you're done!  Simple! 
Now, I know most people don't have freakishly huge piles of scrap fabric.  So, stencil anything you need to store.  Organize your coat closet: hats, gloves, scarves.  Or, how about your kids' playroom: books, dolls, coloring supplies.  
Laundry room: lost socks, pocket stuff, clothes pins.  I could go on and on...but I won't.
Alright, get your totes and get stenciling. What will yours say?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah, what a great idea. Now you are so organized you have no excuse not to use up your scraps, LOL Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!