Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Freebie Friday-Bridesmaid Dress

I thought that this freebie was expired because it came from this past October, but yesterday Little Miss found this old Halloween costume while she was playing dress-up, so I guess it's fresh enough. 
She went as Little Bow Peep and her little frock is today's featured freebie!
In its former life it was a fancy bridesmaids dress. 
 Kris and her hubby are getting ready to celebrate their 4th anniversary! Congratulations guys!

After Kristin's big day, it moved on to its job as a dust collector in the back of the closet.  I couldn't stand the thought of giving it away.  I loved it too much.  So instead, I cut it up.  Makes perfect sense right!?!
I used some leftover fabric to add a little white apron and some detail to the front.
  The tulle from the original dress was used to give Little Bo Peep a nice full skirt.  It's kind of a hodge-podge job, so no tutorial here, only inspiration!

Grandma loaned us a bonnet. The only thing she was missing was a sheep so... 
  
 My newest little Munchkin volunteered.
I have so many old formals and bridesmaids dresses left, my girls are going to have a dress-up wardrobe to die for!  What do you do with your old dresses?


5 comments:

  1. little Munchkin!!! I haven't seen her in a while...what a cute sheep! I have a large collection of dresses too and no clue what to do with them. Not many uses for a boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! So cute! Wow you are amazing to be able to cut up your dress and turn it into something for your daughter! I think I would lack the courage to make the first snip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great idea! I was thinking of cutting up my bridesmaids dresses to make little purses / clutches. But dress up is way more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love this!!! We have a lot of old dance dresses, perfect!! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you back next Saturday and share more of your ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super duper cute! It was a fantastic dress to start with, but I love the Little Bo Peep costume.:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!