Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Centerpiece

I came across this picture in All You and was just waiting for an excuse to make these adorable little pots.  A request from my Mom's sneaky secret sister made it happen.  They made the perfect centerpiece for her Easter feast.  
Here's what you need...
4" clay pots x3
white craft paint
grass blades (The article suggests real but I used an artificial grass bush)
glue gun 
string (not pictured above)
oasis floral foam
4-5 stems of daisies for each pot

Here's what you do...
Paint the pots white.
Hot glue grass blades around the bottom edge.  
I added a few loops of string to the bottom of the pot to cover the messy glue.  It looked a little cleaner
Next, fit a soaked piece of oasis floral foam snugly into the pot.  (Hint: I covered the inside of the pot with an small bit of aluminum foil just in case water would happen to try to escape.)
Finally, fill the pots with your daisies.  I found it easiest to start at the bottom and work my way to the top, making sure that they all ended up about the same height. 

Presto!

 Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! Check back soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!