Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Winter Blues=Spring Yellows

Dear Punxsutawney Phil,
      In the past, I have found you to be slightly irritating, always delivering the dreaded news of six more weeks of winter.  However, this year your prediction of an early spring could not be met with more excitement!  Thanks for the good news!  Now, could you please explain why it is STILL snowing?

     I've got the winter blues, and that's putting it mildly.  Although I can't change the weather outside, I decided it was time for a spring makeover inside.  This was prompted by last week's visit from my Mom.  She, very delicately, asked if she could take down my nativity scene.  Baby Jesus, I love You, but we are quickly approaching Easter.  Time to go!

     To my surprise and delight, Hobby Lobby had all their floral supplies on sale, so I stocked up.  Yellow is my springtime color of choice, and forsythia my favorite bloom.

This one will replace my nativity scene for now.
 
Just a close-up because I love the feathers.

Even Grandma got in on the action.  I made this wreath for her front door. 

That's all for now! Thanks all for visiting! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the yellow! Such a cheerful color to decorate with. And I really love the bucket with the flowers:) Maybe we should cover the TV on the second floor with yellow flowers...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!